‘Magnificent’ first team

Manager of the UoC Football first team Adam Main has hailed his team’s performance this season as magnificent.

Adam Main had praised his team's performances

The team currently sits in second position five points behind the leaders University of Bolton 1st.

But with just three games remaining it will be a tough ask for them to catch Bolton and secure back to back promotions.

Adam however, is pleased with what he has seen: “The first team have been magnificent, however, we have slipped up once in the league which will most likely cost us the title. They went all the way through to the last 32 of the national cup, exceeding everyone’s expectations as well as mine. No one [from UoC] has ever won a round in the cup until then.

In the last few games I want us to maintain the same standard which has been set and keep the enjoyment there.”

One of the biggest tasks forMainis his ability to balance his running and playing with the uni team alongside playing semi-pro for Workington Reds.

He added: “It’s been easy as I enjoy every moment working with the team. But when my Workington schedule became busy this has affected the uni team. Some times I have been unorganized but the team mix in together to make my role easier.

I am still enjoying my football both at Workington but will limit my game time at uni to give others a chance and help me concentrate at Workington.”

Jonny Irving

Filed Under: Sport

Tags:

RSSComments (0)

Trackback URL